JESUS CHRIST – TRUTH – A FIRM FOUNDATION
Intro Video: Theresa Decker
Theme: We are children of The Most High GOD!
The Big Idea: He created us, He loves us and He bought us back from the enemy of our souls, by HIS own blood! We are HIS!
SCRIPTURES: Isaiah 28:16, Matthew 7:24-35, Titus 2, John 15:19 and others…
Guest Speaker: Jaringo:
“JESUS CHRIST-The TRUTH-Build on this FIRM FOUNDATION”
Isaiah 28:16 (NLT) 16 Therefore, this is what the Sovereign Lord says: “Look! I am placing a foundation stone in Jerusalem, a firm and tested stone. It is a precious cornerstone that is safe to build on. Whoever believes need never be shaken.”
JESUS CHRIST – Yeshua Hammashia
- JESUS CHRIST THE CORNERSTONE: Build on Him
Acts 4:10-12 (NLT) Let me clearly state to all of you and to all the people of Israel that he was healed by the powerful name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, the man you crucified but whom God raised from the dead. *11 For Jesus is the one referred to in the Scriptures, where it says, ‘The stone that you builders rejected has now become the cornerstone.’ * 12 There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.”
JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF lived life with His disciples (God the Father placed Him among us) in a culture much like ours. He made a difference in them and in those with whom HE interacted. He still has the same effect today, through the indwelling Holy Spirit and His WORD.
US – HIS DWELLING PLACE FILLED WITH HIMSELF: THE WORD AND HOLY SPIRIT, WORSHIP AND PRAYER.
- JESUS CHRIST’S BUILDINGS STAND OUT!
- Our lives should look different than the culture around us.
- Reflect HIM
- Our speech should sound different than the culture around us.(
- We Worship, Praise and Call out to HIM
- Our dreams and vision expands and are eternal, not small and temporal.
- They are put into the limitless hands of Him
- Our purpose changes and aligns with HIS and displays His wisdom!
- We walk where HE leads and by the light of HIS WORD
- Our lives should look different than the culture around us.
Ephesians 3:10 10 God’s purpose in all this was to use the church to display His wisdom in its rich variety to all the unseen rulers and authorities in the heavenly places.
We are to boldly live, speak and teach TRUTH: Live in HIS PRESENCE and by HIS SPIRIT’s LEADING; Align your words with HIS WORD! Share all of this with those He weaves in and out of your lives. The instruction has not changed since the days of the birth of the church…
- JESUS CHRIST IS TRUTH: Fill up on Him; then share Him.
Titus 2:4-8,15 (NLT) A WORD FOR THE WOMEN 4 These older women must train the younger women to love their husbands and their children, 5 to live wisely and be pure, to work in their homes, to do good, and to be submissive to their husbands. Then they will not bring shame on the word of God. A WORD FOR THE MEN 6 In the same way, encourage the young men to live wisely. 7 And you yourself must be an example to them by doing good works of every kind. Let everything you do reflect the integrity and seriousness of your teaching. 8 Teach the truth so that your teaching can’t be criticized. Then those who oppose us will be ashamed and have nothing bad to say about us… A WORD FOR ALL …11 For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people. 12 And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God, 13 while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed. 14 He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds.
15 You must teach these things and encourage the believers to do them. You have the authority to correct them when necessary, so don’t let anyone disregard what you say.
- JESUS CHRIST BROUGHT US INTO HIS FAMILY! The Body of Christ!
We are part of His household of faith, built on JESUS Himself. We may not all be biological mothers, but as women here we are all daughters of The Most High God – chosen for just this time; and bearers of His image, His life, and TRUTH into this world.
Guest Speaker: Lauren Gaines:
“How to live these truths out!”
Matthew 7:24-25 (TPT) “Everyone who hears my teaching and applies it to his life can be compared to a wise man who built his house on an unshakable foundation. When the rains fell and the flood came, with fierce winds beating upon his house, it stood firm because of its strong foundation.
4 POINTS of APPLICATION
- WE NEED TO BE TEACHABLE
- Have multigenerational friends
- Receive advice
- Listen carefully to godly counsel
Proverbs 19:20 (AMP) Listen to counsel, receive instruction, and accept correction, That you may be wise in the time to come.
Proverbs 12:1 (AMP) Whoever loves instruction and discipline loves knowledge, But he who hates reproof and correction is stupid.
- Understand we will not always get it 100% correct as parents.
- Do Not run from correction or discipline, lean into the lesson.
Hebrews 12:11 11 No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it’s painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way.
- PUT GOD FIRST IN ALL AREAS OF OUR LIVES
- What this practically looks like:
- Fellowship as a family
- Pray together
- Practice what you tell them
- Make the Lord and His Word the focus of your home.
Ephesians 6:1-4 (NLT) Children, obey your parents because you belong to the Lord,for this is the right thing to do. 2 “Honor your father and mother.” This is the first commandment with a promise: 3 If you honor your father and mother, “things will go well for you, and you will have a long life on the earth.” 4 Fathers,do not provoke your children to anger by the way you treat them. Rather, bring them up with the discipline and instruction that comes from the Lord.
- GUARD YOUR HEART AND MIND
- Teach your children to fear the Lord
- Teach them to turn from evil
- Teach them to love righteousness (do that which is right)
- Monitor what you consume: visually, verbally, and physically
- Monitor what your children consume with the same vigilance
John 15:19 (AMP) 19 If you belonged to the world, the world would treat you with affection and would love you as its own. But because you are not of the world [no longer one with it], but I have chosen (selected) you out of the world, the world hates (detests) you.
- ASK yourself about movies, tv, books, friends even: “Is this…”
- INTENTIONALLY SPEAK LIFE
- Point our God’s Power in their lives
- Speak God’s WORD of promise and goodness over them:
- IN PRAYER THROUGHOUT THE DAY
- FACE TO FACE IN THE MOMENT AS WELL
- They are Masterpieces, God’s workmanship
2 Chronicles 16:9 9 For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth to show Himself strong in behalf of those whose hearts are blameless toward Him. You have done foolishly in this; therefore, from now on you shall have wars.
Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), [a]recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].
You were made for signs and wonders!!!
Isaiah 8:18 18 Behold, I and the children whom the Lord has given me are [a]signs and wonders [that are to take place] in Israel from the Lord of hosts, Who dwells on Mount Zion.