Canines for Christ
Canines for Christ is a Christian-based, animal-assisted therapy ministry that uses ordinary people and their dogs to share God's message of love, hope, and compassion in our community.
Our mission is letting Christ's love shine through us and our canines as His disciples when we visit people who need the love, hope, and compassion that only God's message can provide. We want people to know that God loves them.
Canines for Christ (Morning Star Fellowship Quakertown) currently serves in nursing homes and assisted living and rehabilitation facilities in Montgomery County, Bucks County, and the Lower Lehigh Valley.
With God's blessings, we hope to expand to cancer centers, grief centers, children's homes, hospitals, hospice facilities, special needs facilities for the mental and physically disabled, and home visits.
• Have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior (John 3:16).
• Have a gentle, well mannered dog with good social skills, at least 1 year old.
• Your dog needs to pass the AKC Canine Good Citizen test, which consists of ten obedient tests.
• Become certified through Therapy Dogs Inc., which consists of three evaluations of you and your dog in a nursing home environment.
• Join the original Canines for Christ in Florida, which provide cards, t-shirts, and a vest for your dog (www.k9forchrist.org).
• Be willing to volunteer your time at least two visits per month.
• Pray that God will open your heart to be an active part of this wonderful ministry.
The Caring Ministry
The Caring Ministry of Morning Star Fellowship generously allows us to offer meals to those in need or crisis in our MSF family and community.
There are several ways that you can help:
• Help fill the freezer with your choice of a main dish, a side dish, or a dessert using a disposable container or freezer bag.
• Bring in fresh fruits that have a longer shelf life (apples/oranges).
• Contribute gift certificates for takeout.
Take Them a Meal
This Internet tool is used to organize the gift of a meal. Meals may be needed during a tragedy such as a loss of a loved one, an illness, or for a joyous event such as a birth of a child. This is a wonderful way to express Jesus' love through service to each other.
© 2018 Morning Star Fellowship